Paytm Brand Approval/Online Brand Authorization Process: Complete Tutorial
Brand Approval/Online Brand Authorization Process on Paytm
Paytm was founded in Aug 2010 with an investment of US$2 million by “Vijay Shekhar Sharma” in Noida, India. At the first, it started off Prepaid mobile and DTH recharge and later on the data card, postpaid mobile, and landline bill payments.
Paytm is also known as “Paytm E-Commerce Pvt Ltd” referred to as “Paytm Mall”. You can not sell your products on Paytm Mall without taking approval/authorization of it. So, it is compulsory to register your brand prior to listing products on “Paytm Mall”.
In this article, we will learn the “Paytm Brand Approval/Online Brand Authorization Process” in a very appropriate manner.
Before taking brand approval on Paytm we must have registered on Paytm. If you have already created your account on Paytm, then go ahead for further process.
First of all login to Paytm Mall then go to “Seller Helpdesk” and click on “Support”.
A new Pop-up window opens then click on “Listing & Catalogue”
Again, a new pop-up window opens with the below image now click on “Brand related requests/concerns” and then click on “Submit Brand approval request”
Finally, a new pop-up window opens with the name “Ticket Submission Form”.
Note: For multiple brands approval/registration, you have to create multiple ‘Ticket Submission Forms’.
Now, you will be asked to fill in your brand details as mentioned below:
- Brand name
- Brand category
- Primary category
- Secondary category
- You will be asked to select the options at point no. 5
- Whether you manufacture products of this brand?
- Do you directly import products of this brand in India?
- Do you own this brand and have registered “Trademark Certificate to prove ownership?
- Are you authorized by the brand to sell this brand’s product online?
For an instance, suppose we deal in “Men and women footwear” and our brand name is “XYZ” then our brand details are as follows:
Brand Name: XYZ
Brand Category: Fashion
Primary Category: Footwear
a) Footwear Men Designer Wear
b) Footwear Women Designer Wear
Checklist for required documents for brand registration:
Brand Authorization and Ownership documents are required to register or approve your brand on Paytm Mall.
|For Authorized Distributor/Reseller||1. Valid Brand Authorization letter issued by the brand owner on-brand letterhead clearly declares and gives authority to sell the products on Paytm Mall. The letter should be duly signed & stamped by the authorized signatory of the Brand. |
2. For FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) related products – Licences like FSSAI, Ayush, Drug, etc will be required.
Not acceptable Documents-
a) Bulk purchase invoice
b) Mentioning another marketplace channel instead of Paytm Mall on the authorization letter
|Paytm will have the right to verify and reject the brand authority letter if it founds any discrepancies-|
a) Authorized Signatory is not correct or letter is fake.
b) Brand has authorized limited partners for e-commerce or Paytm Mall.
c) Brand authorization letter must be valid for at least 60 days at the time raising request.
In some of the cases, Paytm Mall may ask the seller to produce additional documents or information like-
a) Brand Trademark Number
b) Sample images of Product/Packaging
c) Brand website and email id of the contact person
For Brand Owner
|Brand Authorization Type||Required |
|For Brand Owner||1. Brand Ownership Documents- Trademark documents of the concerned brand.|
2.Product/Packaging sample images- must be showing brand logo (Optional)
3. Website of the Brand(Optional)
4. Images of the Manufacturing site (Optional)
5. Licenses like FSSAI, Ayush, and Drug will be required in the case of FMCG products
|1. Paytm will have the right to verify and reject the Trademark certificate if it founds any discrepancies|
2. In some of the cases, Paytm may ask the seller to send the product sample to the Paytm office location for the purpose to measure quality/customer service parameters of the brand, Paytm mall may reject the seller’s application based on these quality parameters
|Brand Authorization Type||Required |
|For Importer||1.Valid All India distribution agreement with the brand should be clearly mentioned in online sales.|
2. Import-Export License
3. Licenses like FSSAI, Ayush, and Drug will be required in the case of FMCG products
|1. Paytm Mall will have the right to verify the agreement with the brand|
2. In some of the cases, Paytm Mall may ask the seller to produce additional documents or information like-
a) Sample images of Product/Packaging
b) Brand website and email id of the contact person
Find below the Brand Authorization letter format:
Paytm Brand Authorization letter format
On Company Letterhead
TO WHOM SO EVER IT MAY CONCERN
This is to certify the M/s. Company Name is authorized distributor for online business at Paytm Mall.
Place: City Name
Date of Issue: Date
Date of Validity till Date
We hope that after going through this article you can easily apply for brand approval/brand authorization process on Paytm.